Monday, June 3, 2013

Memoirs of a naive college student

February - May 2013...

Wow.... what memories you have brought me. During this time, it was as if I left one chapter of my life and flew off to another-- one which was totally new and exhilarating. I know that most people go through a "rambunctious and carefree" phase during the adolescence. This is when my phase occurred. I had just recently gotten over an unhealthy relationship, and somehow that breakup gave me self confidence and made me realize that I was not as bad of a person as I criticized myself to be. So when school started, for the first time, I became outgoing and made new friends. For the first time I went clubbing, went to parties, stayed out past sunrise, and a few other stuff... (now this all sounds bad, but I assure you I didn't do anything really bad ^.^).

So, in order to preserve the many memories of this semester, here is a short memoir:


January 24th- After being isolated for such a long time (during my relationship and winter break), it was nice to see my old friend again. Although we just hung out in my room, it was good to have familiar company.

February 15th- By now, I had joined 3 clubs was beginning to break out of my typical shy-self. I had also gone to my first party and had an... "incident" with a guy. This photo was taken at TenRen with my friend as we ate mochi ice cream and bubble tea. Thinking about how much I have gone through since then and now is very surprising. 

February 16th- I was very tired this day... but nonetheless, I went clubbing to the first time! I bought the dress that same day.

February 21st- Lunar Banquet. First time I really hung out with my now close friend. This was also when I began to realize that I had a crush on someone...

February 22nd- Rainbow cupcakes! And my friend's birthday :)

February 23rd- I got really drunk this night... My oppa friend bought this ice cream for me (along with more ice cream) when I begged drunkingly to get some ice cream... -u-;; (idk)

March 1st- Another party night. I got to talk to my crush a little more, although he had to leave early. I ended up going home really late this day.

March 7th- TenRen's with my club's "family!" I had a lot of fun this night... I got to hang out with him more. I also wore a cute outfit that time :3

March 8th- Photoshoot with my friend :)

March 21st- Dance dance dance! My friends and I rehearsed all throughout spring break to prepare for out k-pop dance auditions. Although we didn't make the cut, it was fun nonetheless.... (not to mention we burned off a lot of calories! x3)

March 29th- Ahh.... date auction. I was quite upset this night. I really wanted to get a chance to go on a date with him... I also went to a bar for the first time with "my id". And I went to a house part--then, I was so focused on him... little did I know that I had met people that would become important later.

March 39th- Girl's night! Tonight was so much fun. Getting ready for a night is always exciting~ 3 of my gf's and I went to DC to go dancing and hang out (and ended up being hit on by some strange guys...)

April 4th- Ahh April! You are a month that had so much in store for me, both this year and last year. Bethesda was so much fun... This night was so memorable for many reasons. I wish I could go back.

April 5th- Hmm... this was the night. I went to the mall to buy some cosplay supplies with my friends. Then we made cream puffs and went to our friends' to hang out. Unfortunately, I overestimated my tolerance again, and some stuff happened.... whether it was good or bad, I still do not know.

April 6th- This day was so fun. It was the beginning of a ride that I did not expect. I cosplayed my school's Japanese event and went clubbing with my friends. The night ended in chaos, but for me it had some good events too.

April 8th- I was so happy this day. The weather was so nice and my hopes so high. Little did I know it would not last.

April 13th- Another girl's night out with my friends in DC. Didn't meet any cute guys though.... ah well. :)

April 18th- I talked to him again after about a week. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't we would've lost touch. So I'm kind of glad I did... This night was another girl's night.

April 19th- TASA~ I caught a fish :) I was quite upset this night because my friends ditched me...

April 20th- Girl's night again! I went with my 2 close friends, and saw this really cute guy at the club! I really wanted to dance with him, but couldn't get his attention... Later on I was able to approach him and his friends, and he finally danced with me! Again, my hopes rose.

April 21st- Wiffleball! Oh boy, this was quite an intense game... Never in my life had I played sports so seriously. Aside from that, I was crushing on the guy I had met the night before and hoping that we could meet again. But low and behold, the guy from before texted me...

April 24th- Finally, I meet with that guy. I've got to say, I had a lot of fun. We ate and then went to Baltimore to meet our mutual friend. We ended up going to Virginia, where a few stuff happened... I want to go there again though!

April 26th- Again, like before, I was happy. My hopes were up again, and I was oblivious to anything that would suggest otherwise. I was quite sad that he would not reply me, but what he said on the phone reassured me. Then, at 4 in the morning, I joined him and our friend at jjinjilbang... Boy was I all over the place @.@

May 1st- A sign from God. I kept finding four leaf clovers- even a five leaf one! I began to feel better...

Finals week- Oh boy... this week sure was intense. I had to buckle down from all the fun that I've been having and study. But, more than that, I'd procrastinate on Facebook or listen to music... @.@

May 18th- Great Gatsby & Ara at Virginia with my friends. I felt like a total 9th-wheeler lolz.

And now it's summer! Now.... what will the future hold for me? I am always wondering... But these past few months were so fun... I wish I could return to them! >< Will I ever be able to have these experiences again?...

No comments:

Post a Comment