Wednesday, May 29, 2013

New Drawings

Here are two drawings that I drew yesterday. As you can see, I love to draw flowery stuff ^.^

The first one is inspired by the animated film "Epic". Now, if you read my previous blog entry, you'll see that I didn't really like the movie. But, the visuals were pretty (especially for someone like me, who loves fairies & flowers xD). This is mainly a character design drawing, and I will be doing a "refined" watercolor version soon.
The two flowers on her head are waterlilies, and the white "popcorn-like" threads going around her head and arms are those tiny white flowers that you see everywhere in spring (like these). Her top, off the shoulder sleeves, and "bell bottoms" are leaves (they look like lettuce lol), and the blue beads around her neck and wrist are dewdrops (supposed to be jewelry). Lastly, her dress is made of stargazer lily petals.
You can view a larger version of this here 


She reminds me of a combination of bellossom and Queen Tara from the movie xD



The second one is a more emotional piece. I drew it with the thoughts of nostalgic memories, loneliness, and the hope of happiness in the future. Her eyes are supposed to be teary, and the butterfly that she is watching represents hope. It is fragile and small, but still there. She is wondering if and how, despite the sadness that she feels, she should hold onto that hope.
You can view a larger version of this here


No comments:

Post a Comment